August 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
It was a HUGE Summer. Here’s what I did from June – Now:
- Played an Irish ghost (and my violin for the first time since High School) in the bi-lingual, western, epic, romance Dia De Los Muertos
- Made my directing debut with What The Time Traveler Will Tell Us at Incubator Arts Project.
- Took a 3 week run in Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind (for which I wrote what might be my new favorite play of mine – a song about Warren Buffett called “The Sage of Omaha”).
- Booked a VO for Citibank and had a great time recording that – I love being in the booth!
- Booked a principle role for The Onion News Network’s second season and can’t say enough good things about everyone I encountered during my day of work there.
- Took a 10-week writing class at ESPA with Tanya Barfield and got somewhere between 66% and 75% of my first full-length fictional (as opposed to Neo-Futurist) play written.
- Finished the first draft of the four-episode web series about the early life of Benjamin Franklin (re-writes, which I have been procrastinating, begin today).
- Let’s not forget the (minor) earthquake and the (not-so-minor) hurricane Irene.
- Oh, and I’m pregnant (which has involved both being pregnant and keeping that mostly a secret until very recently).
It’s been a great, busy, tiring, exhilarating few months. Here’s hoping I can whip my fall into a similarly delightful froth . . .